Soft-Step Cane, Anatomical Soft Rubber Grip
Soft-Step Cane. We have introduced the new generation with enhanced safety features and comfort.
To better meet the needs of the end user.
FDI’s walking stick : The Soft-Step
A walking stick inspired by FDI’s aesthetic codes and technology.
Extremely light with a high-quality aluminium tube.
It features a soft FDI patented coating for maximum ergonomics.
It brings balance, security and insurance.
Blue, Black and White
Features soft rubber anatomical fist. Ultra-soft padded handle
Soft-Step Cane. We have introduced the new generation with enhanced safety features and comfort, to better meet the needs of the end user.
- Soft-Step cane with anatomical soft rubber grip.
- Made of aluminum, super light.
- Height adjustable.
- Flexible tip and wider, always maintains contact with the ground.
Manufacturas Vettel remains committed to mobility aids incorporated into its range of walking aids
…crutches and canes.
The new “soft step” of FDI. Its ultra-soft padded handle facilitates the absorption of impact, preventing the slip of the hand.
• Soft ergonomic coating which is gentle on the hands
• Extra light and malleable
• Modern design adapted to every taste.
A good staff must have:
- A handle wide enough to help distribute the pressure receiving hand.
- Handle thick enough so that it can take comfortably, without straining your hand.
- A rubber pad to ensure good stability and security to support the cane on the floor.
- Tube made of high quality aluminum, height adjustable and flexible tip for maximum contact and grip the floor design.
In the case of knee or hip osteoarthritis, the use of a cane or crutches carried on the opposite side to the diseased joint, while traveling, can have a beneficial effect to soothe arthritic pain and prevent degradation their joints.
They also allow a discharge of body weight during walking:
- the joints must withstand a weaker weight,
- tensions are less important, which can prevent the aggravation of the injury
- and, therefore, reduce pain after exercise.
The cane is one of the technical tools used to assist walking.
It allows support of the weight of the body, which gives security and facilitates the senior walk more autonomously.
The cane is also used when you want to download or lighten the work done by a damaged or sore joint.
In this case and unless otherwise indicated, you have to carry the baton on the opposite side of the affected leg.
Our approach at FDI
We submit our products to the CERAH to undergo a complete set of tests.
To guarantee the quality and safety of our products .
Following these experiments, none of the components used exhibit any permanent deformation or breakage.
Each model is the subject of a patent lodged at the INPI.
01. WEAR RESISTANCE
Our products are intended to follow their owner in all the adventures of life.
We therefore perform tests of accelerated wear by making them carry out 1 million cycles of steps with a load of 65 kilos.
02. IMPACT RESISTANCE
An abrupt gesture, a moment of inattention and the walking device comes to hit an object, or simply falls.
We voluntarily weaken our FDI walking devices by placing them 24h in an environment at -25 ° C.
Then drop them 5 times in a row.
03. STATIC LOAD RESISTANCE
Must withstand 130 kilos of static load without weakening.
To be validated, we literally “crush” the device under a hydraulic cylinder that methodically reproduces a rise in weight to 130 kilos.
04. TRACTION RESISTANCE
The Premium, Ergotech and Ergodynamic ranges are equipped with a screw that seals the head of the elbow crutch to its tube.
500 newton meters are used to test the quality of the assembly and the materials used which must withstand the tearing apart.